Wednesday, 16 April 2008

Gig - Dan le Sac Vs Scroobius Pip

On Monday night (after a heavy wekeend) I went to a gig at Koko with Andrew, Tony, Dan, Dan, Val, Bill & Tony's Polish friend whose name escapes me.

The headliners were Dan le Sac Vs Scroobius Pip, a politically minded electronic spoken word/rap duo from east London. Andrew, Tony & I had caught them another time opening for Billy Bragg.
The guys put on a really good show, they pull off a good mix of wit, politics & stage performance. Their stage set up was effectively the entire contents of somebody living room...

The opening acts were Producers with Computers and Gideon Conn. The former were borderline alright, I could see a bit of promise but they are obviously newbies to the whole performance thing.
Gideon Conn however, he was really entertaining, definitely one of most interesting acts I have seen in quite a while. His music is described as Folk / Hip Hop / Pop. I would through in the term Shoreditch eccentric as well, he definitely fits that mold. That being said he was very entertaining and I would like to see him again.

Good night out by all accounts, bring on the Hives on Friday!

BTW, no photos because I left my camera in my bag, which I checked in. Whoops

No comments: