Thursday, 3 April 2008

Gig - Gogol Bordello

I went to a gig last night at the Brixton Academy in south London, Gogol Bordello - a New York eastern European-influenced gypsy punk band. One word to describe them - fantastic!

They were one of the most energetic and entertaining live act I have seen in a long time. it was well worth the £20 that we paid to get in and the tiredness I felt this morning!

The band are made up of a mad lead singer/guitarist, bass player, drummer, 2nd guitarist, an accordion player in his 40's, a fiddler in his 50's, and a couple of dancers/cymbol bangers. Quite an eclectic mix once they're all up on stage doing their thing.


If you get the chance go and see them, you won't regret it.

here are some pictures:







2 comments:

Andrew Roxburgh said...

Is that my hand in picture #2?

Lucas said...

I don't think so, it was a guy a few rows in front of us. I was battling for ages trying to get a photo without his arm in it!