Friday, 15 June 2007

Narvik - Oslo in 24hrs, Oslo

I just had a massive 24 hour bus and train trip from Narvik to Oslo, I was only going to travel as far as Trondheim (knocking 7 hours off) I couldn't get the right night train to make that work, so i caught another one and went all the way to  Oslo, I had a rather sore neck this morning after sitting up all night!
 
So I arrived in Oslo first thing this morning and went out for a look around, the best place I went to was Kon-tiki museum about the Norwegian guy (Thor Heyerdahl) who sailed the balsa raft Kon-tiki from Chile to Polynesia, and the reed boat Ra II from Morrocco to Barbados. Quite a guy.
 
Tomorrow I am off to Bergen in the western fjords, the rail trip is apparently one of the worlds finest so I'm looking forward to that. I have a couple of days there and then I'm off to Denmark!

No comments: