Sunday, 9 March 2008

Murder!!

I was going to do my next post on our trip to Belgium but then something much more 'interesting' happened - there was a murder on my street last night. Pretty much straight across the road!

Of course, this happened on the weekend when Rebecca & Clas were over here from Sweden to visit for the weekend. They won't forget this trip anyway!

I won't say any more than it was a stabbing and there was a little blood (not as much as Hollywood would have you believe). The house is well known in the neighbourhood for it's colourful drunk inhabitants such as 'Mad Michael' who spouts on about the Last Night of the Proms on BBC1 and other harmless issues.

The street was cordoned off as a crime scene and we had to sign in and out when we were going in/out. Kinda surreal!

Ironically last night I was defending my part of town as perfectly safe and a cool place to live. I stand by the second statement but I might have to rethink the first. I have never had a problem and it was probably a one-off domestic incident but it does make you think...

************UPDATE************
I can rest easy tonight, the murderer has been apprehended

No comments: