Sunday, 20 July 2008

Euro Trippin' w/ Gareth - Leg 6. Split, Croatia











On my journey south I decided to spend a night in Split, this is normally place people stay a while before jumping on (or off) a Sail Croatia tour. Because of my tight schedule this was a breeze in and out visit, a reconnaissance mission if you will.

It turns out that getting from Vienna to Split is no simple task. I took a train from Vienna to Gyor in Hungary & then a connecting train from Gyor to Split overnight. I managed to find my train in Gyor despite there being no clear indication of where it was going from. It turns out that the train was full of Czechs who travel to Croatia for the summer holidays.
It also turns out that Gareth, a friend from work was on the same train, only in a different part, from a different city, in a cabin of his own, not with 4 other people. lucky bugger!

Arriving in Split at 8am in the morning meant a quick brekkie was on the cards before having a wander through the city & hitting the beach for the day.
I can't really say too much more about the place, it was quite beautiful and as usual overflowing with tourists, many Australian of course...

I think I would definitely head back to the area for a longer trip in the future, but we shall see I guess!


No comments: