Friday, 25 July 2008

Sofia

I'll keep this one short, I just noted the length of the previous post!

Arriving bright and early in Sofia I made my way to the Hostel Mostel, another fine establishment. I'm not sure if it is just the places I've been picking, but it seems that Eastern Europeans are excellent hosts.

I spent the day wandering the city, the highlight being the park filled with old soviet war monuments that no one has been bothered to remove, or keep in repair.

Sofia was a nice enough city, like in Belgrade I battled a little trying to figure out the Cyrillic signs, unnecessarily however because the young people had excellent English. the people were friendly, the beer was cheap, I had a good time -there's not to much more you can ask for really is there?!

A monument marking the passing of the soviet era

Sculpture in the park filled with Soviet statues

Amusing graffiti

No comments: